According to a report issued on Monday, Jan. 18, a total of 92 students and teachers at 26 K-12 institutions and administrative offices got infected by a COVID in new school-related outbreaks, by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. 4 of them were in Ottawa and there were 2 in Washtenaw and 2 in Huron provinces. New outbreaks also were recognized in the provinces of Mecosta, Alger, Antrim, Arenac, Charlevoix, Wayne, Emmet, Gladwin, Jackson, Lapeer, Calhoun, Lenawee, Mackinac, Marquette, Mason, St. Joseph, Leelanau, and Wexford.
By various infections, the new outbreaks involved:
- 8 cases in Ann Arbor – at St. Paul Lutheran School.
- 6 cases each in Huron County at Ubly Junior High and Harbor Beach Middle School.
- 4 in Taylor School Heard Start in Petoskey.
- 5 cases at Standish Sterling High, 5 at Dryden High, 5 at Centreville Elementary, and 5 more at the administrative offices of the Mecosta-Osceola Intermediate School District.
- 4 cases in Sand Creek High School.
- 3 each in Beaverton Elementary; Superior Central Elementary in Alger County; Mancelona High School; Glen Lake High School; Woodlawn Preschool in Battle Creek; Boyne City High School; Bean Elementary in Jackson; Les Cheneaux Elementary; Divine Child Catholic High School in Dearborn; Jenison High School; Wexford-Missaukee ISD Career Tech Center.
- 2 cases each at Sandy Knoll Elementary School in Marquette; Lakeview Elementary in Ludington.
- 2 more each in Coopersville Middle School; West Ottawa High School and Chelsea Elementary; Hudsonville High School.
An aggregate total of 6300+ has been incurred in COVID outbreaks, the report relates. Ongoing COVID virus includes groups identified beforehand but that had one or two new cases in the past twenty-eight days.
Most of those involve college centers, and those occurred outside classroom environments. A total of 6000+ infections associated with these outbreaks have befallen and approximately 16 college centers. No colleges reported new batches in the prior week.
Among all those K-12 schools mentioned above, there were 250+ staff and students who have got infected in open-ended outbreaks at 28 schools attending pre-KG through high school. Those who caught the infection outside of school were not included in this yet.
The Report is based on the data that was collected the previous Thursday, that is, 21st of January.